Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hey Cupid? Slowly hand over the arrow.

So, I'm guessing I should say HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!
And I am also guessing that I can't lie, and pretend that i'm not the girl who is sitting alone on her couch at 9:00 on Valentine's Day...
but don't feel bad for me, folks, because I am not alone.
I've got a dvd copy of Blood Diamond (perfect Valentine's Day movie right?), some good old Hershey nuggets, and my trusty blog to keep me company.
Now, although I would love to stay OFF the topic of love, my thoughts keep returning there... and I promise this next story will lead there eventually..

If I could choose any animal to be, I think I would be a raccoon. (That is only if I couldn't be a cheetah. For those who don't know me.. yet... I think cheetahs are officially the coolest creatures on the planet. hands down.)
So you are probably thinking, "wow, this chick is weird. One second she's talking about world events, the next ranting about love, and now raccoons?" But don't be alarmed my friends because it all ties together.
I mean, besides the whole rabies issue they have going on, raccoons are pretty cool, right? alright, maybe not.
MAYBE this raccoon love is stemming more from the fact that I am in the presence of raccoons right now. It's late at night, and from my couch, I can see two raccoons bathing in the canal outside my window.
I guess the best thing about being a raccoon would be the fact that they pretty much live during the night. Now, I may be biased, because I am definitely not a day person, but I would probably give anything to only be awake during the night. It is so peaceful, and mysterious... a.k.a the perfect words to describe me...
HA. just kidding. I don't think a blog allows me to describe myself as mysterious.
Anyways, I don't know if this is like, regular raccoon behavior, but these two raccoons have been bathing each other for about 10 minutes, and now they have taken up residence in the small amount of light that is escaping from window and has formed a small box on the grass. They are just laying there, bodies intertwined, noses pushed up against each other, staring each other in the eyes.
Number 1, since when do raccoons like the light? and number 2, how come even the animals seem to know its valentine's day?
that's just weird.
glad to know someone is sure of their love that they are willing to throw a spotlight on it...

so apparently my habit is to end each post with a new song...

for all those super COOL people out there who are also chilling on their couch tonight...
"Psychotic Girl" by the Black Keys..... feel the attitude, cause it's spilling out of the song.

4 comments:

  1. KELLY? thank you for commenting!

    im glad i made you smile! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm alone on V-day as well.. I liked your post to, I LOL'd a few times ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha good i'm glad.
    don't worry, only the cool kids have the best date on valentine's day. OURSELVES. lol

    ReplyDelete