Monday, April 27, 2009

Where SGP fans unite...

So, i've got an interesting story of the day for you guys...

I was getting ready to go out today, and I was in a rush because I had a bunch of errands to run, and I was basically throwing on any clothes I could find in my room. I happened to have one of my SGP shirts sitting on the dresser, so I threw it on (very proudly, might I add).
Since it was an INCREDIBLY nice day, I didn't even need a jacket, and I could show off my shirt to anyone who has the ability to read quickly as I come rushing by (I am quite the speed walker when on a mission). Anyways, I went to the market first (or grocery store, or supermarket, or whatever) and I was basically focused on getting out fast because of everything on my mind. I was grabbing some fiji apples when I hear someone ask from behind me "Southern Gothic Productions?" and since I basically respond to those three words as my birth name by now, I quickly turned around with a grin on my face. I had never seen this guy before, which was odd, because I come from a pretty small town and most people I see at the market are people I know. The conversation basically went like this
Me: "YES! Do you know of SoGoPro?"
Guy: "I have been following them for a little over a month now. I ordered a t-shirt recently as well. They look nice."
"Yeah, I have a few! I'm glad you bought one though. It's so awesome to hear of so many people supporting them. They are going to make something great...."

and then we introduced ourselves. He said his name was Chris? If i remember correctly, but he is not part of the chat, he said. He said he was from out of state (someone try to convince me it WASN'T fate that brought us to fuji apples at the same time.. it won't work) and he is involved in the film industry in some way, and got introduced to the production company by a friend who's daughter told him about it? Chris said he didn't know of Hilarie beforehand, either, which was cool that SGP is spreading besides just with an OTH audience.
I was still in a rush so I couldn't talk much longer, but it was so awesome to meet another SGP fan face to face. He was genuinely into the company and it was cool to be able to have a conversation with someone who sees the same things I do. 

What a small, small world :)

love always,
Nicole T

No comments:

Post a Comment