Sunday, April 12, 2009

Back to boring personal posts...

Whew. I haven't posted in forever. I decided that since I am going to delete all the transcripts off this site to lead people to the new one... (SHAMELESS ADVERTISING).. that maybe I should do something exciting here to liven it up.
I know it won't be as exciting as the wonderfully hilarious transcripts BUT here it goes...

So, I have been meaning to do a post based off a quote for almost a month now but never got around to it.
It's a quote by an awesome writer who has inspired me crazy amounts recently..
Many of you might know him...
This quote came to me one night in the SGP chat when he was wonderful enough to stop by. I wrote it down the second I read it because it just sparked something in me. I can't explain it.. do you know what I mean? Anyways, we were talking about good writing or something along those lines.. or muses.. or whatever SoGoPro chat people tend to talk about... and he said...

"...and that is often how something completely random becomes something completely pertinent in these little words..."
-Nicholas Gray

and something about that quote just touched me. I think it was feeding to the writer in me. I grew up reading novels all the time(in fact, I started reading chapter books at such a young age that some stranger from Princeton saw me reading once and wanted to conduct tests on me. true story. My dad walked away muttering something about a lab rat...). I always seemed to find more comfort in the worlds of Boxcar Children or Ethiopian princesses or whatever I was reading about that day than in the world I was actually living in. And that was why I always wanted to be a writer. On the first day of Second grade, we had to write our hopes and dreams for the school year on a sheet of paper, and wrote "I want to write a book so I can give little girls a fun world to go into."... and that has been my dream ever since.
But when I grew up, I found out that there was such a thing as the Arts that extended far beyond just writing. I could express myself through song or dance or film or painting... and that was when I truly fell in love with movie-making and television and just anything to do with film. Now I could show people that world I was always comfortable in.
So, since then, I have been working towards getting involved in the film business, and I guess, although it has always been in me, I kind of forgot about my original die-hard love for writing and reading.
And Nick's quote reminded me again of the power of words. Just simple words. Three words can make something "completely pertinent". 
and I love that.

so props to Nicholas. for being awesome.
heres to his year.


love always,
Nicole

2 comments:

  1. I still find comfort in escaping to that 'fun world'. The beauty of words, both written and spoken hold more value than people think.

    Enjoyed your post:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. reading all the things written above and you also astrid I think I'll take more time to read because I find with you a poem that I did not know
    loic

    ReplyDelete